Evening Primrose Oil is extracted from the seeds of the evening primrose plant, known as Oenothera biennis. The seeds contain essential fatty acids including linoleic acids (LA) and gamma linoleic acids (GLA). Both LA and GLA belong to the omega -6 family of fatty acids.
Human body converts the GLA into prosta-glandins, which exert anti-inflammatory properties that helps to regulate various body functions, particularly in relieving inflammation. One of the most proven benefits of EPO appears to be its ability to treat dry, scaly or itchy skin conditions, such as atopic dermatitis (eczema).
EPO also can be used to improve rheumatic arthritis and to maintain healthy joints and improve mobility. Many women who suffer from premenstrual syndrome (PMS) have low level of GLA, which explain why EPO supplement may help to alleviate this condition.
Each softgel contains:
- Evening Primrose oil – 500mg (equivalent to 10% Gamma Linolenic Acid 50mg)
- Natural Vitamin E (d-alpha-Tocopherol) – 10 I.U
- Women suffered from the premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Dry, scaly or itchy skin conditions such as atopic dermatitis (eczema)
- Rheumatic arthritis
- Combination with vitamin E, an antioxidant which helps to protect the EPO, a polyunsaturated fat, from being rancid
- Smaller softgel and easy to swallow
Dosage and Administration: 1-2 softgels daily. Preferably after meal.